School Safety Communications Center
Explore and share helpful materials from SchoolSafety.gov.
Learn more about school safety topics and threats and access the latest news and resources for the K-12 community using the SchoolSafety.gov Communications Center. Explore the center to download and share a variety of documents and materials to help support your school’s or district’s safety efforts.
The Communications Center includes a comprehensive collection of one-pagers, presentations, newsletter bulletins, and materials available from SchoolSafety.gov. For the most up-to-date news, resources, and events, join our community by subscribing to our email list and following us on Twitter.
SchoolSafety.gov regularly publishes one-pagers and infographics on a range of school safety topics and threats. These one-pagers provide a high-level overview of a particular school safety issue as well as a sampling of aligned resources, programs, and tools available through the Federal School Safety Clearinghouse agencies.
- Back to School Resources
- Bullying Prevention Strategies and Resources
- Child Exploitation Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- Cybersecurity Action Steps
- Cybersecurity Resources
- Emergency Planning Resources
- Five Preparedness Mission Areas
- Infectious Diseases and Public Health Resources
- Mental Health Resources
- Online Safety Resources
- Physical Security Resources
- School Climate Resources
- Threat Assessment and Reporting Resources
- Youth Violence Prevention Resources
SchoolSafety.gov delivers monthly Community Bulletins through the GovDelivery email system. These newsletters share updates on the latest school safety-related news, events, grant opportunities, and resources to help inform the school community and support safety efforts across the country.
- March 2023 School Safety Community Bulletin
- February 2023 School Safety Community Bulletin
- January 2023 School Safety Community Bulletin
- December 2022 School Safety Community Bulletin
- November 2022 School Safety Community Bulletin
- October 2022 School Safety Community Bulletin
The Communications Center posts School Safety Community Bulletins from the previous six months. To access older editions not found here, please contact us.
The School Safety Webinar Series is a monthly program hosted by the Federal School Safety Clearinghouse to address emerging risks and threats facing the K-12 school community. Webinars cover a range of school safety topics and provide information on the resources, tools, and best practices available to create safer and more resilient school systems.
- November 2022: Physical Security Resources for K-12 Schools
- October 2022: Bullying Prevention Awareness Month: Resources for K-12 Schools
- September 2022: National Preparedness Month Resources for K-12 Schools and Communities
- August 2022: Preparing for a Safe School Year - Back-to-School Safety for K 12 Schools
- June 2022: End-of-Year Recap: School Safety Resources and Tools for K-12 Schools
- May 2022: Importance of School-Based Mental Health Services in K-12 Schools
The Communications Center posts School Safety Webinar Series materials from the previous six months. To access older editions not found here, please contact us.
The content on this page is available for historical purposes. It may not reflect the most recent information and guidance available.